To use PayPal with the Hosted Payment Page, you will require a PayPal developer account if you do not already have one. PayPal offers a 'sandbox' platform for test purposes, which allows the creation of test business/merchant accounts and test personal/buyer accounts, without the need to supply information such as bank details etc.
If you do not have a sandbox Paypal account, go to https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/uk/home and choose to set up a Business Account. If you have a currently existing Personal Account that you wish to use, you will need to convert the account to a Business Account.
Please note, the examples provided are for the UK Paypal site. To sign up for a US account, please go to https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/ and follow the instructions.
1) Once the account has been set up, on the Summary page (https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/businessexp/summary#) choose Settings -> Business Set-up
2) On the Business set up, select "On your website" and hit continue
3) Choose the PayPal Checkout option
4) Choose "Option A Work with a partner that's already integrating with PayPal"
5) Choose "Set up API access"
6) Under the "Pre-built Payment solution" section, choose "Grant API permission"
7) In the Third Party Permission Username type "paypal.sandbox_api1.creditcall.co.uk"*
*Use paypal_api1.creditcall.co.uk on the live site
8) Add Available Permissions as needed
9) You should then get the following confirmation screen:
Additionally to the Sandbox account, you will also need a developer account and to link these. If you already have one of these and have successfully linked it to the Sandbox account, please see Configuring your terminal ID with PayPal.
To create a Developer account, navigate to https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/
Choose Log In – This will bring you to a PayPal log in screen. Create a business account similar to your sandbox account.
Once you return to https://developer.paypal.com/developer/accounts/, you will see the following. Choose log in with PayPal and log into your Sandbox Account.
Once these accounts are linked, you will see a “Sandbox account was successfully linked” confirmation message, and should now have two accounts, one appended with, –facilitator, and the other, –buyer.
Once your test credentials are configured, take a look at the following article describing how to configure your terminal ID with PayPal.