Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC), also known as Cardholder Preferred Currency, is where the cost of a transaction is converted from local currency to the cardholder currency at the point of sale.
If ChipDNA detects that a card is foreign and DCC eligible, the cardholder will be prompted to proceed with the transaction either on the home/card's currency or the local/merchant's currency.
Configuring within ChipDNA
startTransaction(), the Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) parameter needs to be passed in as such:
The default for DCC is false.
Your terminal ID will need to be configured for use with DCC. To do this, please contact [email protected], providing your terminal ID.
New notifications from ChipDNA
For a DCC transaction, when the card is inserted, ChipDNA will send an online DCC query to the platform to check if the card is eligible for DCC and also get the conversion rates. eg.
PaymentDeviceOnlineQueryRequested:[DCC] [Device Model, Ingenico-iPP350-RAM], [Device Id, 0080755567]
The receipt returned for a DCC transaction from ChipDNA will also include the following:
When DCC is enabled, the on-device prompts will change to reflect this.
startTransaction() has been called, the device will prompt for a card to be inserted/presented
2) After the card has been inserted, if the card supports DCC, an additional screen showing the exchange rate will be shown. The customer will choose one of these, using the F2 (up) and F3 (down) buttons and selecting their option with the enter (green) button
3) After selection, the customer will then be prompted to enter their PIN
- Firmware RAM1600+ (iPP350)
- Firmware RAM2000+ (iSelf)
There is a minimum requirement to use a version of ChipDNA which has support for the firmware to be used. DCC was added in ChipDNA 1.14. Please contact [email protected] for more details.
- A specific certification is required in order for DCC to be used within the live environment. Please ensure you check with Creditcall that DCC is certified for the Payment Provider/Protocol you wish to use.
- The card needs to support DCC. Please speak with your test card distributor to get test cards that support DCC for testing purposes. If the card does not support DCC, step 2 in "Card Prompts" won't occur.